Vaporize – Conduction vs. Convection
Vaporizers has been making a buzz nowadays. It is becoming popular to a lot of smokers. Even newbies get curious about it. For those who wants to buy vaporizers for the first time, you need to make a lot of decisions. There are various options that you could choose from: portable vaporizers, desktop vaporizers to portable vape pens. When you choose between vaporizers, it is important to consider the primary heating method that the device uses. This article intends to help you know more about the matter, especially with conduction and convection.
Primary Heating Method
In vaporizers, herbs or oils are being heated with high temperature in order for it to create vapors. The way the vaporizer heats up a vaping material refers to the primary heating method. With this method, there are two types: conduction and convection. Each type of primary heating method have pros and cons. Let’s take a look at it closely below.
Out from the two types of primary heating method, it is the conduction vaporizer that was first one to be developed. In general, conduction refers to the transfer of heat of two objects that are in direct contact. With the conduction vaporizer, the heating element that it has contacts directly with the oils or herbs that are inside of the vaporizer’s heating chamber.
- Cost – This type of vaporizer is cheaper than the convection vaporizers. For those who are looking for budget vaporizers or are still trying vape for the first time, this fits you.
- Speed – The thing about conduction vaporizers is they get hot pretty quickly. It gives less time to wait before the vapor is produced.
- Risk of Combustion – As mentioned, conduction vaporizers tend to get hot which can actually cause burning the vaping material. This leads to smoke being released rather than vapor.
- Unbalanced Vaporization – The vape material that is in the heating chamber’s bottom tends to vaporize first before releasing its vapor. The said material may not entirely vaporizer, hence, reducing vapor production. In which case, you will need to shake the device as you vape to have even heating.
If the conduction vaporizers contacts directly with the oils or herbs, convection vaporizers are put away from it. The heating element of the vaporizer gives warmness to the air that is in the vaporizer’s heating chamber. This air then causes the vaping material to heat up.
- Control is Enhanced – you get to control with the temperature of the vaporizer. It enables you to make adjustments for it to give you satisfaction.
- Even Heating – Unlike conduction vaporizers, the warm air pass between the vaping material making dry herb and oil heat evenly. You would not have to shake the vaporizer.
- Cost – Convection vaporizer is definitely more expensive that the other.
- Speed – Other drawback of this vaporizer is that it slowly reaches the working temperature. You will have to wait longer before it produces vapor.
To wrap it up, some studies have actually confirmed that the vapor in both heating methods have no harmful particles. Both the conduction and convection do not give of smoke.
About the Author
I’m a pretty chill dude who likes to smoke God’s gift from time to time. I like to write about different topics about marijuana to educate, entertain, and inform others who also like to light up and blow some smoke. Enjoy...